A Smart Washington, DC Flood Detector Alerts You To Water Before It Becomes A Problem
Frozen pipes, cracked windows, backed up sump pumps -- these are common issues that may lead to serious water damage at your property. Unfortunately, these are the soggy or damp difficulties that you discover after the damage has already been done. Even a leaky washing machine or water heater can create major concerns if not fixed at once.
But, when you add a Washington, DC monitored flood detector to your home security system, you can discover leaks or pooling water before your home becomes a disaster zone. The easy-to-install wireless system notifies you to early indications of water leaks with a loud alarm and a message to your cell phone. Your ADT team will also reach out to you when the flood detector is activated.
Why Use A Monitored Flood Detector In Washington, DC?
You never expect to descend your staircase to see that your bottom floor is now a pool of water with your belongings floating on top. Thankfully, a Washington, DC flood detector is designed to recognize water problems before you lose thousands due to property damage. Here’s what you should know:
- Advanced sensor is perfect for any room: The state-of-the-art alarm detects dripping or standing water instead of humidity -- so it's acceptable for use in areas like bathrooms where damp conditions are present.
- Unlimited placement options with a wireless connection: Reliable sensors come with a wireless connection and a long battery life of 4 years. You can place your flood detector with confidence next to water lines, near appliances, behind toilets or anyplace you might experience a water leak.
- Get notified even when you’re away: Sump pump failures and leaks have a tendency to occur when you're at work or on vacation. If your Washington, DC flood detector senses unwanted water, it will issue an emergency notification to your phone.
- ADT monitoring provides another layer of protection: On top of high-volume alerts and phone notifications, your smart device will notify your ADT 24/7 monitoring center. Your monitoring professionals will notify you immediately and help you take action.
Your Mobile App Makes Your Washington, DC Flood Detector Work As Part of Your Home Automation
Response times are critical when it comes to water leaks. With the ADT smartphone app, you have the ability to mobilize your home’s automation and make life easier when maintenance reaches your property. Leveraging your automation controls is helpful when you’re at the property, but vital when you’re miles away. With a monitored Washington, DC flood detector you have the ability to:
- Receive alerts on your mobile device when unwanted water is detected.
- Remotely unlock doors and disarm alarms for emergency repairs.
- Raise temperature to stop further pipe freezing.
- Scan high-definition video from your home surveillance to find points of entry and assess the damage.
- Keep in persistent communication with ADT monitoring.
Your Smart Home Automation With Flood Detection Is Just a Call Away
Flood detectors and other devices like CO detectors and smoke alarms are all aspects of a comprehensive security implementation through Secure24 Alarm Systems. When you contact our professionals, we’ll guide you to the right options to fit your needs. Simply dial (202) 221-4066 today or fill out our form to request your no-obligation free estimate.