Beneficial Tips For Incorporating Home Security Lighting In Washington, DC
Deterrence is a significant part of your home’s protection, and one of the best ways to keep prowlers away from your house is by using lights. A nicely illuminated exterior not only looks terrific, it’s also less likely to have burglaries. If you would like to upgrade your property’s security, review these worthwhile recommendations for home security lighting in Washington, DC. We have several ideas for outside and inside illumination that will benefit your family.
Elevate Your Home’s Defense And Charm With Exterior Lighting
The right kind of exterior lighting and well-placed video cameras will help immensely in keeping prowlers away from your home. Implement the following Washington, DC outdoor lighting tips.
- Light up your entrances: Your front door and rear entrance are still the most common spots for break-ins. Make sure those access points are well-illuminated but don’t forget your garage. While powerful motion-activated floodlights are a common choice for this location, it’s not your only strategy. Instead of blinding your neighbors whenever wildlife runs by, you can choose less offensive lights that stay lit throughout the night. Make no mistake, bright, motion-activated floodlights may scare off intruders, but having a properly positioned light that stays on is more likely to keep them away from your property in the first place.
- Integrate multi-function task lights: Those beautiful lights beside your stone walkway do more than help you see in the dark. They also let you see areas of your landscape you may not otherwise be able to from your interior.
- Add style and security with accents: Not only for aesthetic reasons, accent lights are a smart way to brighten areas that may be used as hiding spots. You can place accents in garden beds outside ground-floor windows, adjacent to retaining walls, or next to hedges and trees. These options produce a dramatic effect while enhancing your safety.
- Brighten the outer border: A comprehensive approach to lighting should also consider the periphery of your yard. Shining light your fencing, gates, and outer boundaries of your property will go a long way to deter prowlers.
How To Elevate Safety With Interior Lighting in Washington, DC
Home security lighting in Washington, DC includes more than merely outside illumination. Your interior lights are important in improving safety as well. Smart lights that integrate into your home protection package are worthwhile for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling: Keep your lights on a schedule and make it seem like the house is inhabited. This is a great deterrent and a sensible plan anytime you’re gone.
- Access from wherever you are: If you take a vacation but forget to set a schedule, you can still activate them through your convenient smartphone app.
- Linking to other security sensors: If the motion sensor on your outside camera triggers, you could have an inside light switch on automatically. This capability is an additional method to deter trespassers.
Dissuade Burglars Even More With A Home Security System In Washington, DC From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Fortify your nicely illuminated property with the best in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our fully equipped home security systems in Washington, DC let you control and automate all sorts of smart devices, including your lighting choices. Contact (202) 221-4066 today to design a package for your home.