Are you looking to get more control and convenience in your busy lifestyle? Have you heard about automated homes and wish to know more on how to equip your residence? This simple tutorial -- Washington, DC’s Home Automation 101 -- is designed to show how you might take advantage of the latest technology to make your life simpler to manage and more energy-efficient.
You will introduce smart home automation to home security with certainty, and allow your home's door locks, thermostat, lights, and additional equipment serve your needs.
What Is Home Automation In Washington, DC?
If you already own or have plans to acquire a house, chances are you’ve thought about this question: What is home automation in Washington, DC? Basically, home automation keeps track of and controls different elements in your residence, so you aren’t required to. You can program things such as smart bulbs, smart locks, and thermostats to act even if you’re not on site. For instance, you don't have to engage a switch to brighten your lights or touch the dial on the wall to change the thermostat.
Automation provides flexibility and function to your home
Automation can take many forms. For instance, you can set your different elements to act to a schedule that you create via your smart hub or smartphone app. Or group devices in unison to create the ideal ambience for enjoying a movie or for bedtime. Or have various smart sensors interact with one another so that your home is always comfortable and safe. You can even control your automated devices with spoken words if you connect to a Google or Amazon speaker.
Of course, you must choose a properly equipped home automation package to get advanced features like remote management, scene creation, and scheduling. Numerous people enjoy the most success joining home automation devices to their home security. Many security systems already have the ability to control sensors, alarms, and cameras through a smart hub or cell phone security app. Adding in your smart lights or other automated devices lets you program everything from one place. Additionally, using your home’s defense for your home’s automated equipment means that you only have to understand one app for all of your connected systems.
Implement These Smart Home Ideas In Washington, DC
There is a range of helpful smart home ideas for your Washington, DC home. Consider these options to experience a level of functionality you probably didn’t think was attainable:
- Smart lights: Have you ever found yourself awake in the middle of the night and realized you forgot to switch off the lights in the living room or kitchen? Would you like being able to press your cell phone and lower them without being forced from your warm bed? You could even set a schedule and have some of your smart lights brighten at specified times to give the impression your home is in use when you're not there. You might also set your automated light bulbs to illuminate if your security cameras sense unexpected activity in the backyard.
- Smart locking systems: The unwise yet common action of placing a key under your doormat is an unnecessary step when you install smart locks. Assign your loved ones with a customized PIN number or unlock your doors directly from your phone. If you must permit entry to a neighbor or relative while you're on vacation, create a temporary code and obtain a phone alert as the locks operate.
- Fire, CO, and flood detectors: Immediately know when a dangerous event strikes with monitored CO, fire, and flood sensors. Investigate the condition of your components through your smartphone and receive warnings when a sensor is triggered. Set other elements to act in response to a triggered event, like prompting your HVAC fan if your fire detectors are tripped. These important safety measures are even linked to your 24-hour monitoring for added peace of mind.
- Video cameras: Your interior and exterior surveillance systems have the ability to give you a clear glimpse of your grounds or interior whenever you please. See a live video stream straight from your mobile device or save recordings to your secure cloud server. Another popular choice is a doorbell camera, which lets you know if someone approaches. Then ask who's there using the two-way audio function and have your hall lights instantly switch on.
- Smart thermostats: You no longer have to fiddle with your home’s thermostat by hand. Alternatively, set your smart thermostat to activate according to your specific needs. To illustrate, automatically decrease the temperature when you're away. Then make your thermostat rise to a cozier temperature by the time you arrive. In addition, you can access your cell phone app to view the HVAC reading from any location and alter it accordingly.
Experience the Advantages Of Smart Home Automation In Washington, DC
So, is automation worth the bother? Luckily, automation is more than merely a neat method to turn on your home’s lighting from your phone. See how automation brings important benefits to your active life.
- Security: Home automation has clear and valuable safety benefits. Make your house seem inhabited if you're gone with preset smart lights and view strangers with a video doorbell. Receive alerts and have your home light up when an alarm or camera is set off. Smart door locks, exterior and interior video cameras, and items like CO and fire detectors all provide a heightened level of security for your home.
- Simply your life: When using the scheduling feature, you never have to think about turning off your lighting or locking the doors, as your system will take care of it for you. Check on your various implements when you're away, and control nearly all facets of your system from a distance. Design scenes like bed time that adjust your components perfectly to achieve the optimal illumination and temperature levels. Or direct your Google or Amazon assistant on how you would like your surroundings and watch your home instantly respond.
- Reduce energy bills: A leading reason to implement home automation is how it may allow you to save money. When it comes down to it, there are individuals in your house who don’t remember to do basic chores like flip off lights. When you put your home’s lighting on a schedule, you won't be consuming electricity all hours of the day. Lower heating and cooling costs by altering your comfort levels for times when you're gone. Did you forget to lower the A/C when you left for vacation? That’s OK, as you now have the ability to adjust it no matter where you are.
Want More Than Home Automation 101 In Washington, DC?
If you’re wondering, "how did I ever function without home automation before," it may be time to schedule a consultation with your security experts. We can show you your options -- from smart locks to exterior surveillance -- and customize the right package for you. You only have to dial (202) 221-4066 or send in the form below.