Today's home security installations are getting more capable every year. With that being said, you may still fail to complete easy security duties like arming your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to remember doing these things ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Washington, DC, you can just leave the driveway and make your system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Washington, DC For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter along the sides of your house, which you may arrange in your smartphone app. This convenient tool then utilizes your phone to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components take advantage of to share information with each other. This technological advancement assists your home security by putting all elements onto a single network. You can institute a unique boundary around your home and assign the specific actions you want to occur when you cross the boundary.
For example, as soon as you pull away from your driveway, you can instruct your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Then, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to alert your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even change your your temperature settings.
These are several of the components you may manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices such as speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your home security system in Washington, DC. When accessing the mobile app, you have the ability to make the most of automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: program your smart alarms and cameras to engage at predetermined times. Direct various lights to dim to signal that it's time for bed, or disarm your alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make particular devices engage in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the exhaust fan when a smoke detector trips. Or turn on your hall’s smart light if your surveillance system detects strange movements around your property.
● Customize scenes: Design scenes featuring various devices that operate in harmony together. Make your lights turn off, the temperature go down, and the locks activate at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with the right light and HVAC adjustments.
● Protect your home with geofencing: You may not always remember to arm the security system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you'll never forget to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Washington, DC
Whether you’re looking for additional peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you leave or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to one of our representatives today at (202) 221-4066 or submit the form on this page to start designing your perfect security system.