Security cameras can solely be placed as a warning—a sign that tells criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to tighten your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, modern security cameras are equipped with a number of additions all built to provide comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way audio or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion sensors, these tools help you to utilize the most from video surveillance in Washington, DC.
How To Set Up Your Washington, DC Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Installing your home security cameras in the ideal locations around your living space is the first place to jump in at with home security.. Interior security cameras work best when placed in high traffic rooms such as the living room or family room. It’s also a smart notion to install a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to pass to reach the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras should offer you a clear view of your front door, drive, front and yards, garage, and other exterior isolated constructions, like sheds. You can always see a view of your front door through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations within your house that are less important to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Privacy for you and your visitors ought to be a major concern prior to mounting a camera in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you want a form of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Component layout is only the foundation for utilizing the most out of home security cameras in Washington, DC. The additions listed below help to optimize security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See automatic alerts on your smart device the instant strange movement is detected. You can also program cameras to automatically start capturing footage when motions are detected which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your security cameras to record and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- Two-way talk: Most of today’s security cameras have a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to converse with people with the unit. Via ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re inside or welcome your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, gives you a more complete view of an area. Opt for cameras that have at least 120-degree coverage or that can pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your home security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that can produce video of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more specific, set up activity zones. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to inform you of activity happening on your yard or your porch and disregard animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera feeds, control cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date notifications when the detect unusual motion around your property.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Washington, DC is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way audio, your security system is elevated from simply a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (202) 221-4066 or complete the form below to start building your home security system today.