How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Washington, DC
You understand you need to protect your home. After all, it’sthe haven where your family lives and is where you store your valuables. But what is the ideal type of home secuirty? Whether or not to get 24/7 monitoring is one of the chief choices you will make. Examine the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Washington, DC and get a better idea of what’s best for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s protection bridges to an external monitoring organization that is prepared to provide help at all times. Whenever an entrypoint sensor triggers or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring specialists receive an alert immediately. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and contact the appropriate first responders.
On the other hand, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t have a backup team. You might think of this choice as self-monitored, meaning that if an alarm sounds, you need to act to resolve it. This choice is the cheaper alternative, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Washington, DC
Here’s a brief breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having 24-hour support in place is always smart. If you are on vacation, sleeping, or without your smartphone, your residence and its inhabitants will still be watched over.
- Quicker response: Monitoring agents are always ready. They’ll react quicker to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security systems might qualify you for a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Superior components and flawless integration: When you get hardware, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security provider, you will enjoy a cohesive system with sensors and alarms that may be superior to what you will discover on your own.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will pay a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Have to get your system installed professionally: Countless people prefer to have work taken care of by skilled experts, but some DIYers might object.
- Need to sign a contract: You will usually need to sign a contract as part of your package. This arrangement will be agreeable for most as home security is a service you will want long term.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Washington, DC
Here’s a brief rundown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: Some might deem this to be a pro as they can handle the installation themselves and not have an extra expense. Other people will prefer going with a professional.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You can integrate devices when you desire - and from your choice of manufacturer. However, you may find assembling into a seamless system more complex.
- You’re always in charge: You won’t have an outside company monitoring your alarms. If something happens, it’s up to you to get help.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What if you’ve misplaced your cell phone and don’t receive a security warning? This situation equates to additional stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Calls for your full attention: Since you are the single person in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- No support setting up the system: If you want assistance during an installation, you might have to hire a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Washington, DC
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in Washington, DC from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the best solution for you. Call (202) 221-4066 today to speak with our security experts.