Not so long ago, the components of your security system were restricted to where a wire could go. Forget placing a security camera on a countertop or governing your implements with a cell phone. But, home security is much different now, due in large part to the development of wireless systems. You presently have a range of extra advantages to experience -- like system access from anywhere, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and simpler installs. Wireless home security systems in Washington, DC will protect your home while making your life easier.
What To Consider When Switching To Wireless
If you want to benefit from everything wireless security has to offer, you must have an adequate internet connection. If you have reliable fast internet and a quality Wi-Fi router, you’re a good candidate for wireless equipment.
If you’re worried about the internet going down or the loss of power, look for systems that have cellular and battery backups in place to keep you connected to your monitoring team at all times.
If you make your home in a rural setting without dependable internet or cellular coverage, a wired configuration will likely be a wiser option. Or It might also benefit you from a monetary perspective to opt for a wired installation if you relocate to a house that currently has wiring for security components connected.
Advantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Washington, DC will boost your property’s protection, which is the primary goal in the first place. However, if you welcome the chance of having the latest technology, review these benefits of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Enjoy access to all the components in your home from your lighting to your security cameras from your mobile device with the ADT Control app. You are able to view footage from cameras, activate your lights, and even arm your system if you neglected to do so. If a security event takes place, you are able to have updates sent directly to your mobile device.
- Easy installation and customizing: You won’t have to concern yourself with all the messy wiring, drywall damage, and time-consuming installs. The great thing about wireless components is that you can place them virtually wherever you want and with little time or effort. If you wish to update at a later time with other equipment, bringing devices into your network is simple.
- Communications between devices: Wireless functionality makes interactions between devices a possibility with fast, two-way communications. You may direct your devices to act in specified circumstances to boost your safety and deter intrusions. For example, if your outside surveillance discovers odd activity on your property, it can prompt your interior lights to illuminate.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Washington, DC
Even though wireless home security systems in Washington, DC have proven to be a good choice, it’s only natural if you have a few reservations about installing one. Let’s take a look at a handful of the common sources of concern:
- Battery-run wireless components could run out of power. However, your smart implements will alert you whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors usually need to be arranged within a certain distance from your home’s command center. ADT is able to supply range extenders for some packages to enhance your flexibility.
- Comparable to any computer network, the risk of getting hacked exists. You can take steps to greatly reduce the risk by utilizing hard-to-crack passwords, always updating default settings, and using a router with an integrated firewall. Additionally, you should only employ security elements with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Ready To Go Wireless? Call Your Security Specialists
Are you ready to reap the benefits of the current advancements in Washington, DC wireless home security? Contact us at (202) 221-4066 to speak with the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will assist you in designing the perfect package for your residence.